The Tag Holder and Clipboard will help to ensure that the 5S's are used in your workplace to keep processes lean (and workspaces tidy!)
At Cirlock, we practice lean manufacturing, it has helped us to ensure the best prices for our products, simply because we waste less time and materials. Our uncomplicated 5S system products are available, so you too can deal with less waste and increase productivity.
THE 5S STEPS EXPLAINED!
Step 1 - Sort
- Make work easier by eliminating obstacles.
- Remove all parts, tools or materials that are not in use.
- Define a Red-Tag area to place unnecessary items that cannot immediately be disposed of. Dispose of these items when possible.
- This keeps the working floor clear and uncluttered, leaving just materials being used.
Step 2 - Set in order
- Arrange all necessary items so that they can be easily selected for use.
- Arrange workstation in such a way that all equipment and material is in close proximity.
- Make it easy to find and pick up necessary items.
- Ensure first-in-first-out FIFO
- Place components according to their uses, with the frequently used components being nearest to the workplace.
Step 3 - Shine
- Cleanliness Point
- Clean your workplace on daily basis
- Use cleaning time as inspection time.
- This not only helps prevent machinery and equipment deterioration, but keeps the workplace safe and easy to work in.
- When this system is correctly in place, anyone not familiar to the environment must be able to detect any problems within 1.5m in 5 sec.
Step 4 - Standardize
- Establish procedures and schedules to ensure the consistency of implementing the first three ‘S’ practices.
- Develop a work structure that will support the new practices and make it part of the daily routine.
- Ensure everyone knows their responsibilities of performing the sorting, organizing and cleaning.
Step 5 - Sustain
- Do without being told.
- Perform regular audits.
- Training and discipline.
- Follow the process, but also be open to improvement.
Our 5S station comes complete with
Clipboard, 2 Tag Holders, and 25 Tags, to get you started.
We also have a smaller version available.